Can't start Skype for business 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm using Office 365 on my PC, license E3 (from my company). The Skype for business 2016 application work fine at my office but not at home (while I can run all other app likes Outlook 2016, Excel 2016, Word 2016, Onedrive for Business, PowerPoint... normally) 

When i open Skype for business 2016, there is blue splash screen pop up and then it dissapear immediatly.

Here is my PC specifications: win 7 pro professional 64 bit (6.1 build 7601); running on administrator account.
    And here is my Office 365 specifications: version 16.0.6001.1068 64 bit
    Product ID: 00202-50437-25051-AA388 (i'm already updated it to lastest version as today 08 Apr 2016)

Please help me check this, if you guys need any additional information, please let me know, thank a lot!!!

• Edited by stupid_cat Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:38 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Please try to test the issue with multiple network environment. 

2. Please try to uninstall a\v, display card drivers on the issued PC and then install Windows default drivers to test the issue.

3. Try to perform Clean Boot Mode to avoid third party programs affect.

More details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:49 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:07 AM
  • I am running Skype for Business (16.0.6001.1068 32 bit) and encountered this problem myself earlier this week.  Splash screen would appear for a second then disappear.  When I attempting to open Skype eventually the splash screen stayed up but nothing happened.  I checked Task Manager and Skype did not appear on the list.

For me the issue was that I installed a screen cap program capable of recording both video and audio.  As soon as I uninstalled the other software Skype for Business began working normally again.  I presume this is a security feature in Skype to prevent unauthorized recordings, as I tested this with more than one recording tool and got the same result every time.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:19 PM

All replies

• Do you see the process running in the task manager? If its showing some connection error then we could troubleshoot in terms of connectivity, here in our case the program just splashes and goes away , Did you try from other external  locations as well like from coffee shop or Hotel , is that showing the same behavior. 

Linus

Friday, April 8, 2016 6:03 AM
  • Hi,

1. Please try to test the issue with multiple network environment. 

2. Please try to uninstall a\v, display card drivers on the issued PC and then install Windows default drivers to test the issue.

3. Try to perform Clean Boot Mode to avoid third party programs affect.

More details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Best Regards 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:15 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:07 AM
  • I am running Skype for Business (16.0.6001.1068 32 bit) and encountered this problem myself earlier this week.  Splash screen would appear for a second then disappear.  When I attempting to open Skype eventually the splash screen stayed up but nothing happened.  I checked Task Manager and Skype did not appear on the list.

For me the issue was that I installed a screen cap program capable of recording both video and audio.  As soon as I uninstalled the other software Skype for Business began working normally again.  I presume this is a security feature in Skype to prevent unauthorized recordings, as I tested this with more than one recording tool and got the same result every time.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:19 PM