none
Problem With WDS

Question

•  

Hi

Problem With WDS - When Install Server 2012 R2-64bit

I ask For My Friend . 

He took XML and change it's (Host name , Point The Xml To The Right Wim File)

and When He Start The Process WDS With The Client - In The First Time  Is Pass And Install Good , And Sometime After Two Or Third Time Thais Is Installed Good There Is One The Failed  .

I Installed Again And Pass - And Install Again And failed - Why ?

He Receive An Error Message ,When He look  Inside WDS, Even Viewer -  WDS TFTP Error Code: 1460 - Event ID:      4101

It's Happens A lot With Win Server 2012 R2

On Some Platforms It's Installed Good And Pass  , And Another Platforms Is Failed With This Error .

All Those Platforms Are Running With The Same XML

Any Idea ???

Thanks

Monday, May 14, 2018 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the OS version of your WDS sever? 

If it is Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2, please confirm that if hotfix mentioned in KB975710 is helpful:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/975710/operating-system-deployment-over-a-network-by-using-wds-fails-in-windo

Besides, please try below suggestion:
    open Windows Deployment Services – right click your server name and select Properties - open tab “TFTP” and change the maximum block size - restart WDS server and check the result.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, May 21, 2018 1:44 AM