none
Join domain from VPN Site to Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have to deploy a new office (4-5 person).

I will have a VPN site to site IPsec.

But I wont be able to install a server in this office (Site B)

I would like to know if I can set up a DNS server (on NAS for ex) in order to allow client to connect to Domain Controller on Site A.

I know i can set ip DNS IP the one on the DC but I prefer to have my own DNS server there in order to avoid interruption if VPN is down.

Thanks for your help, 

Yvan

Monday, June 4, 2018 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have a nice day! Thanks for your question.

Based on my knowledge, Yes! You can setup this deployment for your desired implementation.

For your solution, you could setup stub zone, secondary zone or conditional forwarder on the NAS of B site pointing to A site DNS and get access to some resources from A site domain. Surely, it depends on the prerequisites that your NAS has this feature for the implementation. I think we could also consult the NAS vendor for this configuration. 

Hope this helps. I look forward your good news. If you have any question and concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 3:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 12:46 PM
  • Hi,
    Could the above reply be of help? If yes, you may mark it as answer, if not, feel free to feed back
    Best Regards,
    Michael

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:23 PM