SCSM 2012 R2 - View: Affected User = Me RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I want to create a view for Analysts so they can see the incidents with themselves as end user.
    I know you are able to see your incidents in the WebPortal, but I want to create one place for our analysts to look in, and that is the Console.

Summarizing: How can I create a view of incidents with me as the Affected User?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:57 PM

Answers

• you'll need to edit the criteria XML directly. consider using Advanced View Editor (or the PRO edition) to do this. you'll want a criteria like this: 

<Expression>
    	<SimpleExpression>
    		<ValueExpressionLeft>
    			<GenericProperty Path="$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemAffectedUser']$">Id</GenericProperty>
    		</ValueExpressionLeft>
    		<Operator>Equal</Operator>
    		<ValueExpressionRight>
    			<Token>[me]</Token>
    		</ValueExpressionRight>
    	</SimpleExpression>
    </Expression>
    It should be noted that CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library! is a MP reference, and will change with what MP you're in.

• Edited by Thomas Bianco Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:55 PM links and notes.
    • Proposed as answer by Thomas Bianco Friday, March 28, 2014 10:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by mRRRc1 Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:21 AM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:53 PM

All replies

• you'll need to edit the criteria XML directly. consider using Advanced View Editor (or the PRO edition) to do this. you'll want a criteria like this: 

<Expression>
    	<SimpleExpression>
    		<ValueExpressionLeft>
    			<GenericProperty Path="$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemAffectedUser']$">Id</GenericProperty>
    		</ValueExpressionLeft>
    		<Operator>Equal</Operator>
    		<ValueExpressionRight>
    			<Token>[me]</Token>
    		</ValueExpressionRight>
    	</SimpleExpression>
    </Expression>
    It should be noted that CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library! is a MP reference, and will change with what MP you're in.

• Edited by Thomas Bianco Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:55 PM links and notes.
    • Proposed as answer by Thomas Bianco Friday, March 28, 2014 10:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by mRRRc1 Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:21 AM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:53 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your answer.

You actually mean extra tooling is needed in order to create something as basic as this?
    I am stunned sometimes by how advanced SCSM's OOTB possibilities are (E.g., the plethora of viewable columns) - and on the other hand, the fact that lots of basic things cannot be done without installing extra tools. Is it just me...?

Kind regards, blessings.

• Edited by mRRRc1 Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:25 AM
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:25 AM
  • yes, service manager is kind of a mixed bag of incredible flexibility and crappy tools. I often say that Microsoft is kind of the king of minimum required effort <shameless plug>I named my blog after it, </shameless plug>.

the underlying XML criteria is awesome; you can do ALL KINDS of incredible stuff, but the UI is pretty limited in what it will let you configure. another example of this is the Relationship subscription criteria, which doesn't exist AT ALL in the user interface, but is frequently the first thing i need to do for a client.

• Edited by Thomas Bianco Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:25 PM linked wrong
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:15 PM
  • I really don't mind you "plugging" your blog. We're free persons ;)

Thanks a lot for your thoughts!

Regards,

Marc

Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:24 AM