Issues facing while using Internet Explorer 8 to access SharePoint 2007 Site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Team site in SharePoint 2007 environment, enabling the Publishing infrastructure. The site works fine in IE6 without any issues (as in my dev server I have only IE6). 

However when I try to access the same page in IE8, I face lot of issues. I'm listing out top issues here:

1. When I click on Create Page option from Site actions I get a Login Prompt to enter my credentials, when I click on cancel it will redirect me to the actual page. Why does the site prompts for login as I have added this site to Intranet Zone.
    2. When I try to create a Column in a list or Library, again the sharepoint prompts for login, when I click on cancel, it will redirect me to the page to create a list Item. But when I try to create a list item I get the following error "helperFrm" is null or not an object. 
    3. When I try to edit the data added to Content Editor web part in any of the page using Rich Text Editor I get a javascript error which point to some error in HtmlEditor.js

I see that there are lot of posts in MSDN, but none of the solution provided worked for me. So requesting if any of you have faced these issues and solved. Appreciate you help in solving this. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:49 AM

All replies

• Just to save everyone time, can you provide a short bullet point list of what you've tried?  That way, the people that can help will know what to avoid suggesting.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Steven,

These are the following ways that I have tried.

1. Adding the Site URL in the Trusted Site Location, Intranet Zone - For login Prompt and CEWP Rich text editor issues
    2. Using Meta Tag in Master page UA-X-Compatible with IE=7 - - For CEWP Rich text editor Issue
    3. Running the Site in Compatible View - For CEWP Rich text editor Issue

Please let me know, if I have to do anything else apart from these ways. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chetan

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:47 PM