none
Jailbreak Evaluation Process RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

Please help me understand this feature better as I would need to explain to clients.

In Azure portal, under Device compliance - Compliance policy settings, there is an option for enhanced jailbreak detection.

What is the actual reason for using location services to trigger the Jailbreak evaluation verses using a scheduler? Can someone elaborate on the back-end process? How would a device check-in evaluate the device jailbreak status? I don't understand how this works and cannot find public information on the topic.

Thank you

Friday, September 13, 2019 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Navs,

When enabled enhanced jailbreak detection, this setting causes iOS devices to check in with Intune more frequently. Enabling this property uses the device’s location services, and impacts battery usage. The user location data isn't stored by Intune.

Also, enabling this setting requires devices to evaluate and report its jailbreak status to Intune at least once every 72 hours. Otherwise, the device is marked not compliant. Evaluation is triggered by opening the Company Portal app or physically moving the device 500 meters or more. If the device doesn't move 500 meters in 72 hours, the user needs to open the Company Portal app for enhanced jail break evaluation.

For more information, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-compliance-get-started

Best regards,

Cici Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:06 AM
  • Hi Cici,

Thanks for your input however I'm looking for details that would answer my questions below.

1. What is the actual reason for using location services to trigger the Jailbreak evaluation verses using a scheduler?

2. How would a device check-in evaluate the device jailbreak status?

Hope that you or someone can answer this as I cannot find public information on my question.

Thank you,

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:22 AM