none
After DC migration schedule task stop working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We encountered a issue after DC upgrade .

Some scripts launched remotely by scheduled task from a administration machine stop working.

Do you have any idea? 

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you keep the same IP address when you upgrade the domain controller?

If you have a powershell script try to check if the service Active directory service is running on new domain controller.

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

• Marked as answer by Fred.LU1 Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:28 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:49 AM
  • Hi 

Thank you for youe anwser .

the new DCs is in another subnet, but from our admin machine we can connect remotely on new DC. 

We can open gpmc, open dsa.msc, dssite.msc.

Hi,

Check if the active directory service is running on new domain controller and if the port 9389 tcp is opened .

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:15 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for posting in our Technet forum.

Agree with Thameur. We should check if active directory service is running on new domain controller and if the port 9389 tcp is opened .

1.Check if active directory service is running:Open command prompt and type "DCdiag /v".
    2.Check if the port is opened: Open command prompt and type "netstat -an".

Hope the information can be helpful and if there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best regards,
    Cynthia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:47 AM
  •    Hi,

When I checked It seems blocked.

When I check on the new domain controller the the service is stopped and I'm enable to start it.

Any idea please ?

Hi,

It can be due to certificate , to get more details you can enable the debug mode to get more details, it seems you have already posted here for the same problem I think :

ADWS not running

Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you keep the same IP address when you upgrade the domain controller?

If you have a powershell script try to check if the service Active directory service is running on new domain controller.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:49 AM
  • Hi 

the new DCs is in another subnet, but from our admin machine we can connect remotely on new DC. 

Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:14 PM
  • Hi 

Hi,

Check if the active directory service is running on new domain controller and if the port 9389 tcp is opened .

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:15 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for posting in our Technet forum.

Agree with Thameur. We should check if active directory service is running on new domain controller and if the port 9389 tcp is opened .

1.Check if active directory service is running:Open command prompt and type "DCdiag /v".
    2.Check if the port is opened: Open command prompt and type "netstat -an".

Hope the information can be helpful and if there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best regards,
    Cynthia

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:47 AM
  •    Hi,

When I check on the new domain controller the the service is stopped and I'm enable to start it.

Any idea please ?

Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:56 PM
  •    Hi,

Any idea please ?

Hi,

It can be due to certificate , to get more details you can enable the debug mode to get more details, it seems you have already posted here for the same problem I think :

ADWS not running

Saturday, November 16, 2019 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Cynthia

Monday, November 18, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Hi

Yes I confirm that my problem has been resolved. Many thanks for your help.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:28 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Have a nice day!

Cynthia

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:39 AM