Trash bin RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using outlook 2007 and Office 2010. For 1 of my adresses landing in my outlook I cannot install a trash bin. So if I delete a message it's gone and I would like to have it in my trash bin first. How can I install this?

rgds A

• Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:32 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Monday, March 26, 2018 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which type of email account do you use? Exchange, IMAP or POP3? You can check this in the Account Settings dialog.

Can you see a Deleted Items folder? Some accounts do not have a trash bin named Trash, it could also be a 'Deleted Items' folder. We can try to log onto the webmail interface of your email account in a browser to verify this.

Besides, if you do have a trash bin for the account before, you may try to start Outlook with the /resetfolders switch, which restores missing folders at the default delivery location. To do this, exit Outlook first, type outlook /resetfolders and press Enter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, April 2, 2018 9:04 AM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:57 AM
  • Hi,          

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:04 AM