outlook web access RRS feed

• Question

• Dear reader,

I have published Outlook web access 2010 through UAG. This works fine. Because of, I think, the Single signon functionality through the UAG, the Name and logoff button on the upper right OWA screen is stripped.

How do i now open another persons folder/inbox, where the user has rights to?

Best regards,

Ruud Boersma

MSCE

• Edited by Ruud Boersma Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Ruud

Just for your info if you still go to the old webmail address, you will get Outlook with the login buttons still.

If you have OWA set to open in a new window when it is clicked out then you have OWA without the login the boxes etc in the top corner and to log out again you have to go back to your portal page and then click logout.

You question seems entirely related to OWA and not just UAG, but to open another users inbox within UAG then right-click your name - inbox and then choose Open another users mailbox and type in the name of the user you want to open, you need access to the Global Address List which you will almost definitely will do.

• Marked as answer by Ruud Boersma Monday, March 5, 2012 9:19 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Ruud

Just for your info if you still go to the old webmail address, you will get Outlook with the login buttons still.

If you have OWA set to open in a new window when it is clicked out then you have OWA without the login the boxes etc in the top corner and to log out again you have to go back to your portal page and then click logout.

You question seems entirely related to OWA and not just UAG, but to open another users inbox within UAG then right-click your name - inbox and then choose Open another users mailbox and type in the name of the user you want to open, you need access to the Global Address List which you will almost definitely will do.

• Marked as answer by Ruud Boersma Monday, March 5, 2012 9:19 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Thank you, i tried without uag and then I have the logoff button. I did not realize this is a function that is disabled when opening in a new window. I can understand the dissapearance of the logoff button, because the user is allready authenticated through UAG. But I do not understand why the username, that has a menu lying underneath, is also missing.Thanks for answering.

MSCE

Monday, March 5, 2012 9:19 AM