none
Can't download files from the Internet RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Winsows 7 Pro, Internet Explorer 11 on a new Dell desktop. Whenever I try to download a file from the Internet, a MSN File Download window opens up that says "Getting File Information". Then after a few seconds, a new window opens that says "We were unable to locate the file to download". What settings do I need to change to correct this?
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:57 AM

Answers

•  after a few seconds, a new window opens that says "We were unable to locate the file to download".
    Use the Developer Tools, Network Capture to understand your symptom.  Sounds like it could be a DNS problem.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Are you able to download files from other applications\browsers?

Please temporarily disable any security software and clear the download history, (Internet Options\General\Delete...), test this issue again.

Enable "File Download" in Internet Options\Security\Internet\custom level, scroll down to "Download".

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 1, 2014 5:36 AM

All replies

•  after a few seconds, a new window opens that says "We were unable to locate the file to download".
    Use the Developer Tools, Network Capture to understand your symptom.  Sounds like it could be a DNS problem.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Are you able to download files from other applications\browsers?

Please temporarily disable any security software and clear the download history, (Internet Options\General\Delete...), test this issue again.

Enable "File Download" in Internet Options\Security\Internet\custom level, scroll down to "Download".

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 1, 2014 5:36 AM
  • WHERE DO I FIND DEVELOPER TOOLS NETWORK CAPTURE?
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:57 AM