none
Windows DHCP Server with two VLAN RRS feed

• Question

• We are using two VLAN and VLAN 11 for Clients and VLAN 16 for Server. Server in the VLAN 16. Domain Controller, DNS & DHCP Configured in the same server (192.168.16.10) and all the clients in the VLAN 11. When I try to join the client to the Domain Controller it is not joining. I created the two scope in the server (192.168.16.xxx & 192.168.11.xxx). Can any one please guide me?
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>When I try to join the client to the Domain Controller it is not joining. 

Is there any error when join the client to the DC? Please take a screenshot and upload it.

>>Server in the VLAN 16. Domain Controller, DNS & DHCP Configured in the same server (192.168.16.10) and all the clients in the VLAN 11. 

Did you mean the IP address of the DC is 192.168.16.10 and the client IP is 192.168.10.X? If I misunderstand, please let me know.

You need to configure a DHCP relay agent so that DC and client can communicate.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/dd469685(v=ws.11)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

And check your preferred DNS IP address on client, if it is pointing to the DC?

If not, please change it to the DC and check the process is successfully.

Please refer the following article about how to join to domain:

How To Join Windows Server 2012 to a Domain

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:18 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 3:18 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best regards,

Ellen

Monday, November 11, 2019 2:14 AM