File explorer in wind 10 takes 1 min to respond!! RRS feed

• Question

• why does file explorer in win 10 take 1 min to response when accessing a folder..this happen just 3 weeks ago. Was any updates done...
    • Edited by 20161126 Tuesday, March 29, 2016 4:44 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this problem occurred recently, please recall what you have operated in three weeks, try rollback to see if can fix problem.

If rollback is hard, I suggest to use SFC tool to repair system at first.

Then, change another account to see the result.

Besides, I suggest to Make File Explorer Open to This PC Instead of Quick Access, please refer to this link to disable quick access in file explorer on Windows 10.

http://www.howtogeek.com/219936/how-to-disable-quick-access-in-file-explorer-on-windows-10/

If all of above methods are fail, system restore is worth considering, please notice save your data in advance.

On the other hand, there is a possibility that hardware issue cause current situation, I suggest to check your disk, if it does has trouble, contact manufacturer after-sale support for help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:08 AM

All replies

• Just click on a folder and immediately show " Downloads folder( NOT RESPONDING) really disappointed

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 4:47 PM
  • Hi,

Since this problem occurred recently, please recall what you have operated in three weeks, try rollback to see if can fix problem.

If rollback is hard, I suggest to use SFC tool to repair system at first.

Then, change another account to see the result.

Besides, I suggest to Make File Explorer Open to This PC Instead of Quick Access, please refer to this link to disable quick access in file explorer on Windows 10.

http://www.howtogeek.com/219936/how-to-disable-quick-access-in-file-explorer-on-windows-10/

If all of above methods are fail, system restore is worth considering, please notice save your data in advance.

On the other hand, there is a possibility that hardware issue cause current situation, I suggest to check your disk, if it does has trouble, contact manufacturer after-sale support for help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:08 AM