Vista shutdown problem RRS feed

• Question

• When I tell the computer to shutdown it does so, but within  2/3 secconds restarts
    Monday, April 9, 2007 6:16 PM

Answers

• You have problem with Windows Services. To track this error after computer is restarted, open Administrative Tools in Control Panel then start the Event Viewer, revise last events on System and let us in the know to track your error.

Good luck

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:41 PM

All replies

• You have problem with Windows Services. To track this error after computer is restarted, open Administrative Tools in Control Panel then start the Event Viewer, revise last events on System and let us in the know to track your error.

Good luck

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:41 PM
  • The following message was under error

The device \Device\CDRom1, has  bad  block

Friday, April 20, 2007 6:29 PM
  • I contacted the retailer since I could not find Bios for ASUS P5LD2-TVM SE/S motherboard. The manufacturer MUSTEK who build PCs to specification under the label MECER substituted this in place of a Gigabyte m/board without advising us.

Now the problem deepens. I contacted  ASUS South Africa for clarification. Can you believe it ASUS SA rushed off an email to their Head Office in Taiwan asking whether the motherboard is suitable for Vista.I am waiting with interest for the reply.

I also wonder what else has been changed.

By the way the error message states CDRom1 but I only have 2 DVDs one Rom and the other RW.

I wish someone could execise a bit of agro againt Mustek.
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 2:44 PM
  • I have resolved the motherboard problem, but the shutdown story is still unchanged
    Monday, April 23, 2007 7:19 AM
  •  Dorian wrote:
    I have resolved the motherboard problem, but the shutdown story is still unchanged

how did you solve the motherboard problem??

Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:25 PM
  •  

I have been having the very same shut down problem and am interested to learn of a solution.  I am using an XPS M1530 with Vista 32 bit.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:59 AM
  • I have this problem too.  If you do a web search you will find this same reported problem with Vista on many different PC configurations... it's unbelievable that a software problem like this hasn't been resolved.

Hoping the next service pack will fix Vista's current problems....
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 6:06 PM