none
Search Result content(Search Item Summary) is not showing for Few Document Sets.

Question

• Currently iam using Sharepoint 2013 On-Premise, I am having Document Set in my Site. I am Using OOTB Sharepoint Search.
    Whenever i am searching the text in Search box. For few Document sets, Search Summary is Displaying(Search Result content is showing). But for few Document Sets Displaying
    Without Search Summary(Only Showing Document Set Name, no Search Result Contents). Please help to resolve this issue.
    Monday, June 04, 2018 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Kalam,

Did you use a same Search Center when searching for all document sets?

Are there any differences between these document sets that use different display formats(with Search Summary or not)? Please check that, like document sets' peoperties.

To understand this issue better, please provide some screenshots about your issue. If your account is not verified, you are unable to upload screenshots in your reply, you can upload your screenshots into OneDrive then copy and paste the URL here.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your Reply.

We are using Same search Center. there is no difference in the Document sets properties.

Can you please explain, what basis the Search item summary(body of the Search Results) is displaying for each item in the search page.

I cannot able to attach screenshot, I cannot able to access One Drive in my office. Can you send your email id i will send the screenshot if you don't have any concerns.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 10:50 AM
  • Hi Kalam,

You can send your screenshots to  tnsf@microsoft.com. Before you provide screenshots, please remember to erase your private information.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

I send the screenshot to mail id you mentioned. please find the screenshot. 

Can you please explain, what basis the Search item summary(Search result content) is displaying for each item in the search page.

Thanks,

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 8:33 AM
  • Hi Kalam,

I have received your screenshots and am currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Hi Kalam,

The content is a dynamic summary that has a collection of highlighted word pieces that best describe the result and give user the text around the keywords they were searching.

Were the two document sets from a same library? For the first document set, check if there is matched content returning in the summary, and also check the second document set. If possible, please provide a screenshots about all properties of the two document sets and send it to  tnmff@microsoft.com .

There is a blog about understanding how item display templates and hit highlighting work in SharePoint Server, you can take a look at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/search/understanding-how-item-display-templates-and-hit-highlighting-work#how-hit-highlighting-works---it-is-magic

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 07, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Hi Kalam,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:02 AM