Elevated prompts freezing active window RRS feed

• Question

• Background:<o:p></o:p>

I work at a company that deploys hundreds of computers, there are two different groups that set these up, my group that works with in a centralized location and another group that deploys computers the roaming users. We each have a different image built off of a basic Windows OS setup that share very few similarities.<o:p></o:p>

Issue:<o:p></o:p>

The issue that we are running into was brought to our attention when users could not access the VPN. It appears to mess with a lot of the basic OS functions and when you try to open any system windows (Opening Network Connections, Device Manager, Windows Updates, etc.) it freezes the windows. The OS and other programs do not freeze, just programs that seem to interface with the system. Another issue that arises is that the Processor, Ram, and System Type show up blank under the computer properties.<o:p></o:p>

Other Info:<o:p></o:p>

The issues will not self-heal and the only solution I have found is the run SFC /Scannow. While this is alright for a one off fix I have multiple users who keep having the randomly pop up and even after the SFC /Scannow command is ran it shows it finds no errors and a day or two later everything goes back to normal. <o:p></o:p>

Friday, August 7, 2015 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem may be caused by the following reasons.

1. System files were missed or damaged by some unknown reasons.

2. The setup image maybe has problem.

You can follow the steps to solve the problem.

1. In addition to the SFC command, you can also use DISM tool to repair the problem, refer the link below to know how to perform.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Hh824869.aspx

2. Scan the virus in the safe mode.

3. You can also use “System Restore” to get back the previous state before the issue. Refer the link below to know how to perform.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-system-files-and-settings

Best Regards

Simon

Monday, August 10, 2015 8:10 AM