Add a certificate template to a request using certreq RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created certificate request using a tool (not owned by my company) that creates a certificate in Base 64 encoded form. When I submit this request to Active Directory Certificate Services CA, I get the error that " The request contains no certificate template information".

I want to add Template Name to the request before submitting the request to CA. I am using the following command to do that

certreq -submit -attrib "CertificateTemplate:SmartCardUser" request2.p10

The certificate that is created does not have the same data that is there in request2.p10. The subject name seems to be auto-generated. It has preserved the public key though.

Is there way to let certreq.exe preserve the request data from the request file, while letting the request update the Template information ?

Another approach I am taking is to use the "certutil -setextension". However this command takes the pending request id. I am unable to configure CA to send request to pending state before getting it approved. I am using the following steps :

RightClick -> Properties -> Policy Module -> Properties -> Default Policy Module -> Properties

If I try to set the option "Set the certificate request status to pending. The administrator must explicity issue the certificate.", and click OK button, the option always gets reset back to the other option as you see in the dialog below. Am I missing anything ?

Friday, October 5, 2012 1:06 AM

Answers