none
MIM2016 - Functions in Inbound Sync Rule RRS feed

• Question

• I know that the Function evaluator is a bit.. ehm.. "quirky". 

I would like to concatenate two strings in an inbound Sync Rule.

Currently the Custom Expression looks like this (and it's doing what I expect it to do):

IIF(IsPresent(Cordless),IIF(Eq(Cordless,"0"),Null(),IIF(Eq(Left(Cordless,2),"00"),Mid(Cordless,3,60),Cordless)),Null())

However, I would like to concatenate a string with the result of the Mid Function:

IIF(IsPresent(Cordless),IIF(Eq(Cordless,"0"),Null(),IIF(Eq(Left(Cordless,2),"00"),"46"+Mid(Cordless,3,60),Cordless)),Null())

This is not a valid expression according to MIM2016.

Any suggestions, other than using a Rules Extension or actually changing the inbound data?

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:35 PM

Answers

• Rules Extension it is!

The Product Group really should review the FIM Functions and the parsing / evaluation code of them. Perhaps in MIM2016 SP1?

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by Leo Erlandsson Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:33 AM

All replies

• Rules Extension it is!

The Product Group really should review the FIM Functions and the parsing / evaluation code of them. Perhaps in MIM2016 SP1?

• Marked as answer by Leo Erlandsson Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:33 AM
  • I just had a similar problem, concat of string and functions in IIF appear to be borked.

I worked around it with ReplaceString.

e.g. Your string concat would look like: ReplaceString("46%R","%R",Mid(Cordless,3,60))

I was using it for homeDirectory paths:

This was invalid: "\\dfs.domain.name\"+Left(st,3)+"\users\"+accountName

This worked: ReplaceString("\\dfs.domain.name\%ST%\users\"+accountName,"%ST%",Left(st,3))

• Edited by Froosh Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:23 AM Missed a closing bracket
    • Proposed as answer by Froosh Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:24 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:20 AM
  • Thanks. The PG really should take a look at the Expression Parser in MIMWAL, and see if they can incorporate it for use in the MIM Expression Parser. ;)

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:38 AM