none
UDI Wizard - change selections in time zone drop-down RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Attempting to alter the selectable values for the time zone drop-down in the UDI Wizard.  I've altered the InternationalSettings.xml file and removed all non-pertinent time zones.  However, when running the UDI Wizard in TS, the entire list is still showing.

Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks!

Monday, October 13, 2014 3:13 PM

All replies

• Did you update your MDT Toolkit package after you made the changes?
    Monday, October 13, 2014 4:55 PM
  • During the deployment, press F8 to get a cmd prompt and check the actual XML file that is on the HDD. Should be in C:\_SMSTasksequence\WDPackage\ I think...
    Monday, October 13, 2014 4:56 PM
  • Thanks for the reply David.

Yes, the package was updated and I do see the XML file being the way I altered it in WinPE.

Here is a screenshot of the file in WinPE.  You can see it's a small subset of the full list of time zones, but yet it displays the full list of time zones.  I also altered the Locale and Currency options and they are reflected correctly, but the time zone does not reflect the options as configured below. 

Monday, October 13, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Hello mdh1983,

Did you found a solution to this issue? I would like to only show 3 options instead of the full list.

Thanks,

Luis

Friday, August 11, 2017 8:33 PM
  • Did you found a solution to this issue? I would like to only show 3 options instead of the full list.

I'm not certain of this since I haven't tested it, but it looks like it pulls the timezone list from "scripts\DeployWiz_LanguageUI.xml" in the MDT, and NOT from either of the "InternationalSettings.xml" files (x64 or x86 under "Tools").

At least, that seems to be the case with MDT 6.3.8450.1000. I was also thinking about limiting the selections when I came across this thread and decided to take a close look.

Friday, October 26, 2018 9:00 PM