Web AvailabilityMonitoring just let me know if it is down RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was looking in the forums here but didn't find a suitable answer.

I have added approx 150 Web sites to be monitored by SCOM. All we want to do is to see that the web site is up.

I have created a dashboard and it is all ok execpt. I was getting a heap of  "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized"  

I was able to get rid of this by going  to the Change Configuration and set the criteria to generate warning health state

for http status code Equal to 401.

But I am getting critical errors with no error code

Display Name Website[FQDN] 
     Full Path Name TestService [FQDN] 
     Instance Id c0429122-8b0b-414f-b8d8-a39caabaa074 
     Parameters <Parameters><Parameter name="URL">http://TestService</Parameter></Parameters> 
     Alerting True 
     Context DHPW PROD Web Site 
     Location 18392b7c-c8f4-9082-c24f-e31eed5de450 
     Test Configuration <TestConfig version="1.0"><Requests><Request><RequestID>1</RequestID><URL>http://TestService</URL><HttpHeaders><HttpHeader><Name>Accept</Name><Value>*/*</Value></HttpHeader><HttpHeader><Name>Accept-Language</Name><Value>en-us</Value></HttpHeader><HttpHeader><Name>Accept-Encoding</Name><Value>GZIP</Value></HttpHeader></HttpHeaders><RequestEvaluationCriteria><BasePageEvaluationCriteria><WarningCriteria><StatusCodeCriteria><Operator>Equal</Operator><Value>401</Value></StatusCodeCriteria></WarningCriteria><ErrorCriteria><StatusCodeCriteria><Operator>GreaterEqual</Operator><Value>400</Value></StatusCodeCriteria><ErrorCodeCriteria><Operator>NotEqual</Operator><Value>0</Value></ErrorCodeCriteria></ErrorCriteria></BasePageEvaluationCriteria><ResourcesEvaluationCriteria><ErrorCriteria><StatusCodeListCriteria><Operator>GreaterEqual</Operator><Value>400</Value></StatusCodeListCriteria><ErrorCodeListCriteria><Operator>NotEqual</Operator><Value>0</Value></ErrorCodeListCriteria></ErrorCriteria></ResourcesEvaluationCriteria></RequestEvaluationCriteria><PerformanceCounters><CollectDNSResolutionTime>true</CollectDNSResolutionTime><CollectTimeToFirstByte>true</CollectTimeToFirstByte><CollectTimeToLastByte>true</CollectTimeToLastByte><CollectContentSize>true</CollectContentSize><CollectContentTime>true</CollectContentTime></PerformanceCounters></Request></Requests><TransactionEvaluationCriteria><ErrorCriteria><ErrorCodeCriteria><Operator>NotEqual</Operator><Value>0</Value></ErrorCodeCriteria></ErrorCriteria></TransactionEvaluationCriteria><CollectTransactionResponseTime>true</CollectTransactionResponseTime></TestConfig> 
     Interval (seconds) 600 
     Consecutive Count for Alerting 1 

Here is my testing information.

Can someone advise me how to fix this

• Edited by Goce_D Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:01 AM more info
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:19 AM

Answers

• Ok I have got a update. i have change the Alerts status for HTTP to

Equal or greater than 404. Which seems to have fix the crazy alerts.

Also I have found the error code it is in the Test Configuration.

I am just surprise that there isnt a ERROR CODE section that stands out in the Critical Detail View

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:08 AM