cannot access internet from within applications RRS feed

• Question

• I can connect to the internet and browse it fine but when i to play minecraft in the browser i get an error. i have minecraft downloaded so i try to play it there i cannot connect to minecraft.net. another example is i cannot connect to dropbox or check for updates on windows. last time all i had to do was reset bios which i did. the problem still exists and i have no clue what is going on. yes i did shut off windows firewall but i dont know why that would stop windows from checking for updates. i have no idea where to post this so if you think i should repost somewhere else tell me
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 7:40 AM

Answers

• time, overclocked, enabled amd cool and quiet and set the asus splashtop thing to 5 seconds then it just worked im guessing time becaue it couldnt update because of the internet
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:31 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:32 AM

All replies

• the not being able to check for updates is the bios time i dont have a wired keyboard i can use at this time to change but still another program is windows mesh it cannot connect to the internet.(mesh is really annoying when it cannot connect to internet.....)
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

Before going further, please let me know the following information.

1. Which way you connected to the Internet? Wired or Wireless?

2. Do you use any proxy?

3. Can you use any application to access the Internet such as Windows Live Message?

4. Can all the site not be accessed or only some sites?

You can refer to the following methods to test the issue.

1. I suggest uninstalling the network adapter driver from Device Manger. Go to download the latest one and install it.

2. If any router is used, bypass it temporarily. Reset Internet Explorer .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

3. Scan for the computer to ensure it is clean.

Malicious Software Removal Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

Malwarebytes free version

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regarding the Windows Mesh issue, is it Windows Live Mesh? If so, I suggest contacting Mesh forum to get more accurate suggestions.

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

In addition, you can click Ask A Question to ask for a professional support help.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:22 AM
  • 1 its wireless (D-link dwa525)

2 no proxy

3 no windows live what so ever including mesh (yes it was windows live mesh)

4 all sites can be accessed but no applications in sites like games

no problems according to mrt but ive used it bedore

ok so i got home and realized i didnt post this (im on my laptop problems on my desktop custom build have had about a week now)

bought a keyboard changed some things in bios and its fixed i think it might have been the time settings but its fixed now (also overclocked processor) 

yeah but now everything works though but i would still like to know what the problem was in case it happens again this has happend twice now when it seemed to be running perfect 

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:14 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please let me know what settings you changed in BIOS? It could be the cause of the issue. Generally, the time in BIOS will update automatically when connecting to the Internet.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:33 AM
  • time, overclocked, enabled amd cool and quiet and set the asus splashtop thing to 5 seconds then it just worked im guessing time becaue it couldnt update because of the internet
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:31 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:32 AM