none
BitLocker Enable on non-domain Join machines, MDT 2013 update 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm deploying Win 10 Enterprise on standalone machines using MDT and trying to enable Bitlocker during my deployment to encrypt OS drive (the only partition I have), TPM is enable in BIOS, and i'm trying to store recovery keys on the deployment share, here is my cs.ini :

SkipBitLocker=YES

BDEInstall=TPM

BDEInstallSuppress=NO

BDEDriveSize=300  ------- i tried 2000 as well ---

BDEWaitForEncryption=False

BDERecoveryKey=AD

BDEKeyLocation=\\SERVER\DeploymentShare\Recoverykeys

TPMOwnerPassword=XXXXX ------- tried with and without this line --------

I left the BitLocker step enable in TS (default). the deployment is finishes and never initiate the encryption.  

hint:  enable Bitlocker manually is working fine. Machines are Intel NUC kit. 

Any ideas ? thanks in advance. 

• Edited by aljaf Monday, December 19, 2016 10:43 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 10:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to be domain joined to be able to save your key to active directory. Save the key elsewhere.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 3:40 AM
  • So, you mean it's not possible to invoke BL on those non domain machines, I specified the Recovery keys location on the deployment share in my CS.ini , where else do i need to the network path.

thanks for the advise.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 4:46 AM
  • Look at your CS.ini.

BDERecoveryKey=AD is not valid for a non-domain joined machine.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 4:54 AM