none
Problem with remove task from schedule in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• In our environment problem with remove task from schedule by PWA.

Problem is only when I want to remove few task in the same time, but the operation one by one is correct.

In my opinion problem is with calculation schedule after remove tasks, column ID include wrong value it means that Number ID does not generate in the correct order same of numer disappear. Click Calculate button on ribbon causes problem with finshed operation and save project.

Problem occurs only machine with IE 11.0 browser without compability mode, on other machine for example on the same project with IE 8,9,10 everything is correct.

Problem appeared recently, earlier everything was OK.

Txn, Dariusz Moczyński

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Darius,

Are you using PWA 2010 or 2013? Project Server 2010 does not support IE11 which might be the reason of this behavior. Activating the compatibility mode is the solution.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:52 PM
  • Yes, it possible that IE 11.00 is problem, but a found the same problerm with order ID column, unfortunately still without unsolved:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/f885ecb2-e924-4f69-8045-d7ab879a1e60/project-schedules-our-of-order?forum=projectserver2010general

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:07 AM
  • Hi Darius,

It seems to me 2 différent issues: your issue is that you cannot delete more than 1 task at a time in PWA with IE11 since Project Server 2010 does not support this version of IE. The link above is about tasks being out of order in PWA, with no relation to IE version.

If you confirm that you are using Project Server 2010 and since it worked with lower versions of IE (you mentionned IE 8, 9 and 10), you have to add the PWA site to the compatibility sites or/and turn on the compatibility mode. You can also press F12 (developer Tools) and set IE9 as the default browser in the emulation tab.

Please come back to us to say if it helped so we can close the thread.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:25 AM
  • Above more information after test PDP Schedule on diferent machines:

1. Schedule.aspx - problem with edit task (I can't add new task), it occurs on IE 9, IE10, IE 11.

2. Jsgrid.js - problem withe only delete few task, it occurs only on IE 11.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:50 AM
  • Hi Darius,

I'm a bit confused. You are now talking about 2 issues.

For the first one, you cannot edit anymore tasks in PWA, with any browser versions? Is it happenonog for any users on any projects? Try the following solutions publish the project from Project Pro and see if it helps. Press CTRL F5 to delete IE cache. Ensure that your PWA URL is added to the trusted site and/or compatibility sites. Check for the ULS logs or javascript errors.

For the second issue, please refer to my previous reply, this obviously cannot be considered as a bug since it is happening with a non supported browser version and working properly on supported versions of IE.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:51 AM
  • HI Guillaume,

You have right that this version IE is not supported in EPM 2010.

I received procedure from MS how to install Enterprise Mode site list manager, this software allow me choose version mode of IE for each web site, PWA works only with 7 mode.

Darek

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:25 PM