Some user Email stuck on Outbox RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Exchanger 2007 with SCC and we didn't change anything exclude we start migrate user mailbox to exchange 2010.

On Monday, some user cannot send out the email, if they are using the outlook,  email will stuff on the outbox

If they are use the OWA, they will stuff the Draft,

they are in different DB, maybe < 10% user have issue, some online mode, some cache mode

no special error in the Exchange application and system event,

Once we switchover to the passive node, all the user resume,

Any ideas?

Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:55 AM

Answers

• Somehow the issue didn't happen again, and no any special event ID in the application, system and even cluster log,

So our Action plan is if next time happen, enable the Diagnostic Logging in that Exchange Mailbox server.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by cara chen Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:49 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 5:17 AM

All replies

• after installing the Exchange 2010 server did you add the Hub Transport server as the source server. ?

Where Technology Meets Talent

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:28 PM
  • What is do you source server?

If You mean send connector, yes,

the issue only happen on those user in exchange 2007

Friday, July 19, 2013 12:45 AM
  • Can you run these commands on the E2K7 server that is experiencing the problem?

Test-ServiceHealth

Test-SystemHealth

The last command is more or less equivalent to the GUI-based ExBPA in the EMC Tools section. You could run that too.

Why?

There's a service that is supposed to fetch messages in the Outlook Outbox and I'm wondering if it's running. Otherwise, those cmdlets might reveal other causes.

Any warnings or errors?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:56 AM
  • Somehow the issue didn't happen again, and no any special event ID in the application, system and even cluster log,

So our Action plan is if next time happen, enable the Diagnostic Logging in that Exchange Mailbox server.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by cara chen Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:49 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 5:17 AM