Win10 will not use 2 monitors RRS feed

• Question

• I just setup a system with win7 and upgraded to win10. My mother board has two monitor ports. When I plug  in both I get the same displayed on both. When I look at the Display settings it only shows one monitor. I try the detect no others are found. I put a GeForce 7300 in it also supports two monitors and I get the same thing. 

Sean

Monday, May 25, 2015 4:02 PM

Answers

• Have you tried installing the latest nvidia drivers and checking the NVIDIA Control Panel to see what monitors it detects.  I personally find the win 10 applet totally useless for monitor setup.
    Monday, May 25, 2015 7:05 PM
  • also just to be sure:

you did in fact set the "extend screen" option? - if you don't it will sometimes just show a single screen and after you set it to extend, 2 screens will show.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:51 AM

All replies

• Have you tried installing the latest nvidia drivers and checking the NVIDIA Control Panel to see what monitors it detects.  I personally find the win 10 applet totally useless for monitor setup.
    Monday, May 25, 2015 7:05 PM
  • also just to be sure:

you did in fact set the "extend screen" option? - if you don't it will sometimes just show a single screen and after you set it to extend, 2 screens will show.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:51 AM
  • I am running three screens on my WIN 10 machine without any issues.  Like the first reply, I suspect a driver issue.
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 3:27 PM
  • Older MB drivers and older GeForce cards may not support the Win10 preview yet. I have a GeForce 8100 and a GeForce 760GTX. The GTX has 4 monitors plugged in and working with Win10. the 8100 has 2 monitor support but I've only been able to get the left port to work. Both are using updated NVidia drivers so I'm sure it's just lack of support right now. Maybe by RTM they will have full support for older cards.
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 3:31 PM