none
using HIS in Biztalk to get data from IMS Databases using CICS transactions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a scenario where a copylib of web service that takes some input parameters and delivers me output based on that is available for me in .txt file format. Now on Biztalk side how should I proceed in sending those input parameters(as a request) to that web service?

I created a remote environment as WIP with listener IP address and port number which listens to the incoming requests from biztalk. After that i know I have to create a host integrator project in visual studio by adding a .net client library and defining interface where the type restriction is slected as Biztalk adapter for Host applications. Am i doing it right? 

If I am right until now, how shud i proceed next? where can i make use of that copylib(.txt format) and what should i do next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to figure this out since a long time. No where a clear explanation on how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Anusha.

• Moved by Ben Cline1 Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:41 PM related to HIS (From:BizTalk Server Adapters and Adapter Pack)
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:12 PM

Answers

• You didn't mention which version of HIS that you are using, but have you taken a look at the sample application in the SDK under <HIS Install Dir>\SDK\Samples\Adapters\HostApplications?

This might be a good starting point.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:31 PM