Homepage of company change to static page RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new in SharePoint, when I tried to open our company portal (which designed with SP2007) in SP designer, I use import command (from file > import > import http file) and suddenly the homepage of our portal became static (I mean it didn't change anymore and my name was shown on the top of homepage for every user), Now I don't know what to do for restoring our old homepage. Any solution would be appreciated

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:50 PM

All replies

• Are you seeing the HTTP file that you uploaded? If you open your site with SharePoint Designer and navigate to the folder structure, are you seeing the correct page set as your default?

Dimitri Ayrapetov (MCSE: SharePoint)

Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:51 AM
  • hi Dimitri

thank you for your respond.

yes the default page was the page from my last importing(I mean as I instead of opening site from file > open site ,importing that so it was the last updating page of mysite).

for this reason I unfortunately restored backup of database from 2 days ago.

Now I want to know is there another way for restoring my homepage in sharepoint 2007 instead of restoring database backup?

thanks alot

Monday, January 27, 2014 6:58 AM
  • Did you over-write the default.aspx page in your root when you did the import? Or did you import another file that was marked as the home page?

Monday, January 27, 2014 1:27 PM
  • Yes I over write ,because I choose the option"add to current site " when I imported the site.

let me explain better, before importing the site (I mean 2 weeks before that day )I use open> open site ,and open my site,but that day when I did that some folders were empty so I decided to import the site from wizard  and during importing I choose that option, and then that happens.

• Edited by bichareh Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:22 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:21 AM
  • Yeah, if you over-write your default.aspx file, everyone will see what you replace it with.

Friday, January 31, 2014 3:04 PM
  • if you still have the default.apsx visible within SPD2007, you should be able to check it out, right click it and select "Revert to Template"

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Friday, January 31, 2014 4:09 PM
    Answerer