Vista adminitrator HELP!! RRS feed

• Question

• OK, I'm a complete noobie and was not sure what forum to put this in.
    Heres my problem.
    Having used Vista Ultimate for a while I decided to free up some memory on my computer but deleting and uninstalling unused files, folders and programmes from my computer.

Amoungts my deleting spree I uninstalled IconPackager.
    A little message came up basically that things would not be the same on my computer, but I chose to continue anyway.
    Now I have a number of problems and need help

My log in screen when I enter my password is black.
    I can't open the "network and sharing centre" to turn on my wireless. (it says page failed)
    I also get the same message when I try to open User accounts in the control panel.

Most annoyingly whenever I try to do something that requires administrator authorisation, rather than the message popping up with the darkened screen, asking for permission, the dark screen will flash for a second (and the little sound will ding) then go away and a message will pop up saying file system error (65535)

Also, half my icons are gone (obviously).

I've downloaded iconpackager again but can't install it.

HELP!
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:00 PM

Answers

• Jtron

Try using System Restore to go back to a point prior to when you uninstalled that program.

Here is a link to the step by step instructions.

How to use System Restore in Windows Vista::
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/restoresysv.html

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

------------------------------------
    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:55 PM