none
IE not listing indic font in webpage list RRS feed

• Question

• I created a malayalam unicode font and installed in Win XP SP3 & Win 7. All apps work fine except IE, which fails to recognise this font in the webpage list. Tried in both IE6&7.

I tried to set my font for malayalam language under Tools->Internet options->Fonts from general tab -> selected malayalam from drop-down. My font was expected to get listed in the left pane under webpage fonts. It is not getting listed.

Support for complex script is already enabled. Font contains Basic Latin characters and code pages are correctly listed in the font. MS setting points to 1252 ANSI. Basic Latin and Malayalam are the code pages available in the font.

Any pointers?
    Friday, May 20, 2011 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

That issue may related with malayalam font which you created. Could you please share the font for me? You can upload it to SkyDrive: Upload to SkyDrive.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to add font in IE, you should create .ttf file(True Type font file), then copy the file to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts, it will be installed automatically.

Then you can find it in IE\Tools\Internet Options\General\Fonts

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:21 AM
  • This was already done. Several other fonts which are installed in the system are listed properly.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

That issue may related with malayalam font which you created. Could you please share the font for me? You can upload it to SkyDrive: Upload to SkyDrive.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:18 AM
  • Thanks. I have uploaded the font to skydrive: http://cid-8ffce90c18b8df46.office.live.com/self.aspx/F1/workfont.ttf

Sorry, I was not well for past few days, hence the delay.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:23 AM
  • Hi,

Base on my test, your font will appear in “latin based” and “User Defined”. You can find the font there.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:19 AM
  • But that does not serve the purpose. The purpose is to see malayalam unicode web pages which unfortunately does not happen unless I select this font under malayalam. Selecting it under "user defined" does not render the malayalam web page with my font.

Moreover, there should be a reason why the font is not getting listed under malayalam. Any setting which is missing?

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:29 PM
  • Normal configuration seem cannot add a font to a special language script. That may related with the technology of “Font Embedding”. This link may helpful to you:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533034(v=vs.85).aspx

1.    Furthermore, I suggest to contact Internet Explorer Web Development Forum for help:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Thursday, June 2, 2011 2:37 AM
  • Thanks, I will look at option1.

Option 2 - had already done that! Got no solution :(

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/098ca813-93a5-459a-ac5e-2024e88f6b60

Regds,

Praveen.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:54 PM