personlize picture position RRS feed

• Question

• every time i try to change the setting in personlize its i select a pic thats a portrait and it only displays in stretch can someone please tell me how this can be fixed i am running windows 7 pro

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:08 AM

Answers

• every time i try to change the setting in personlize its i select a pic thats a portrait and it only displays in stretch can someone please tell me how this can be fixed i am running windows 7 pro

Hi Bobby

How the desktop background appears depends on which options you select in the Picture Position menu. You have Fit, Fill, Stretch, Center, and Tile options.

Also the way the picture displays has a lot to do with the actual size of the picture. If your display resolution is 1024x768 pixels or higher and you select a picture that is 800x600 pixels, it will need to be stretched to cover the screen. The best option to use when a picture is smaller than the screen resolution is Center.

You can sometimes use your favorite imaging software to try and resize the picture, if it is in a lossless format, such as .png or .tif.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP  
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:33 AM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:16 PM