none
WINDOWS 10 PRINTER PROBLEMS

Question

• Got Windows 10 installed (automatic by you folks). Now my printer does not work. I get this message - Device SWD\PRINTENUM\PrintQueues requires further installation.

Don't have a clue how to do this installation. Please help

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:20 PM

Answers

• Probably, the printer installed in your system got corrupted during the upgrading. Simply remove and reinstall the printer and see if this will fix the issue.

Also, as suggested by Norbert above, you might want to post in the dedicated Windows 10 forum which is more appropriate for your question.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:00 AM

All replies

• Am 18.08.2015 schrieb RANDI M-R:
    Hi,

Got Windows 10 installed (automatic by you folks). Now my printer does not work. I get this message - Device SWD\PRINTENUM\PrintQueues requires further installation.

Don't have a clue how to do this installation. Please help

Maybe you are better trying a more appropriate forum than group policy. ;)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10?tab=Threads

At least you should tell us the make and model of your printer.

Regards
    Norbert

Dilbert's words of wisdom #04:
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.
    nntp-bridge Zugriff auf die MS Foren wieder möglich: https://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:37 PM
  • Probably, the printer installed in your system got corrupted during the upgrading. Simply remove and reinstall the printer and see if this will fix the issue.

Also, as suggested by Norbert above, you might want to post in the dedicated Windows 10 forum which is more appropriate for your question.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:00 AM
  • Same thing happened to me with HP 1005 P . I love the printer and don't want a new printer. Any solutions besides installing and uninstalling (which did not work)?
    Sunday, January 22, 2017 7:22 AM