none
How can I prevent DPM 2010 by writing on the same tape and PG again in daily schedules RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i've got one PG and a daily scheduled tape backup job (workdays Mo-Fr). Now if i cant change the tape workdays because of official holiday or something like that DPM writes the same PG again on this tape, but there is not enough storage space so it fails.

Is my enabled co-location the reason?

I want DPM not to write to an not expired Tape with the same PG.

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Peter

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:39 AM

Answers

• HI,

Since you only have a single protection group, then co-location is not an issue.   DPM does not have any provisions to automatically skip a recovery point due to a holiday - however, you can create a custom job query and look at all scheduled tape jobs for the next 7 days, then cancel the jobs for the days that no one can change the tape.

1) Under the  management / jobs tab - clisk on the "create filter"
    2) Select "today" from the Time From.   Select "7 days from today" in the Time to.
    3) Under the Jobs tab, de-select all, then check only the ":tape backup"
    4) Under the Status, select only "Scheduled" - then save the filter.

This will show only scheduled tape backups for the next 7 days,  cancel the tape backup jobs you don't want to run.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:56 PM