Forefront on Hyper-V R2 Virtual Machines Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We've been having an issue with some of our Hyper-v R2 Virtual Machines, with Forefront Client Security installed.

These machines hang for about 30 seconds with the following event:

Source: Microsoft Operations Manager

Event Category: MOM Agent 

Event ID: 21268

"The Agent incoming queue data submission has been blocked. This may indicate that queue does not have sufficient space or is unavailable to accept data."

MOM 2005 is installed just to report to our Forefront Server.

This also happens in a very few amount of physical machines we have (all desktop\laptops, not servers). But this happens mainly on virtual servers which hang for about 30 seconds. After these 30 seconds we see the following event and everything goes back to normal:

Source: Microsoft Operations Manager

Category: MOM Agent 

Event ID: 21269

"The Agent incoming queue now has sufficient space or is available to process new data. "

We've followed this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900333/en-us with no success.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Alexandre Carvalho

Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Have you seen the solution for event IDs 21268 and 21269 here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb643195.aspx ?? And in plus this hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906858

Bechir Gharbi | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/bgharbi/
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Monday, February 21, 2011 9:36 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Alex_Carvalho Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex_Carvalho Monday, April 4, 2011 2:03 PM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:58 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the long wait on an answer, but I thought I had the "Alert me" option enabled.

We have applied the hotfix but it didn't fix it.

Is there a way to make MOM clean the queue more often? Any task we can change?

As I refered the most affected machines are Virtual Machines on hyper-V R2, most of them were migrated from previous versions of Hyper-V. Could this have anything to do with the migration? I'm going to try a reinstall of forefront on a server to see if it solves the problem.

Thanks,

Alexandre Carvalho

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:50 PM
  • Hello all,

I've found a possible solution for this issue.

I've disabled the integration service "Data Exchange" on the virtual machines that had this issue. For more than 24 hours I've not had this happening on any server.

For now this has solved the issue.

Alexandre Carvalho

• Marked as answer by Alex_Carvalho Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:57 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Alex_Carvalho Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:03 PM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:57 PM
  • The sooner I said it was solved, the sooner it would show up again.

The problem persists.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:04 PM
  • Sorry, but I need an answer on this. All of our virtual machines seem to have this issue.

None of our physical servers have it though. We've experimented with virtualizing a physical server, which did not have this problem, and as soon as it became virtual, this issue started ocurring.

I have some users complaining of stops of up to 2 minutes in servers which report at the same time issues with the MOM agent queue.

On one non critical server we have uninstalled the mom agent and it solved the problem. But we have many servers where we simply can't uninstall the agent with the consequences being our complete lack of knowledge of possible virus infections.

If there's anyone who has been through this, please help!

On a side note, our Mom server is virtualized but I doubt this issue has anything to do with that, since no physical servers present this symptoms.

Thanks!

Alexandre Carvalho.

Monday, March 28, 2011 5:08 PM
  • I've found out that it may have nothing to do with forefront or Mom. The messages seem to be a consequence of something else.

No doubt that the VM's freeze, but the messages MOM logs are a consequence of that freeze.

I'll keep investigating. I'm closing this thread and opening it on the Hyper-V forums.

Monday, April 4, 2011 2:03 PM