Gateway service restarts RRS feed

• Question

• The Gateway service won't start after install on the gateway server. The logfile:

Could not connect to net.tcp://127.0.0.2:444/ICenterConfigurationManager

The problem is that the center is on another machine and 127.0.0.2 is not the correct ip for the Gateway to contact the center. I can not change the endpoint for the center in the gui (grayed out).

How can I change the Center Endpoint to be the IP of the Center server and not 127.0.0.2?

How can i change the configuration for the gateway server to try to contact the Center on the correct IP and not 127.0.0.2?

BR,

Håkon

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Håkon,

At the current version the center endpoint cannot be changed from the UI.

It is very important to choose the correct IP address when you do the initial installation and run the installation wizard.

The easiest way to modify it, is just to uninstall the center and re-install it, and run the wizard again.

After you re-install the center, you can modify the file GatewayConfiguration.json in the gateway installation directory to point to the correct address (last section, under "ServiceProxyConfiguration" there is IP and port).

It is important to first fix it in the center machine because as soon the gateway will manage to connect to the center, it will re-download the configuration from the center, so if you just fix it in the file, the changes will revert back to the wrong ones.

I will send the feedback to our developers to find way to modify the center endpoint address from the UI.

Ophir.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 12:51 AM
  • Thanks. My bad, I did not notice the drop down box beside the ip address in the first installation. It is up and running now :)

Håkon

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:10 PM