none
[Solved] MKL not seems to be running multi-threaded in MRO 3.3.2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I recently updated MRO from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2 in windows 8.1 x64 but MKL not seems to be running multi-threaded in MRO 3.3.2 even though it says properly initialized all cores at startup, and getMKLthreads() correctly identifies the number of cores.

I uninstalled all the previous version beforehand, but no avail. The same code ran with about 50% of CPU usage in previous version now runs with only less than 10% core usage, thus runs significantly slow.

Are there any possible ways to resolve such issue?

• Edited by B.Park Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:52 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply, Stephen.

I just figured out the issue by clean install Rstudio and MRO all together. I think the problem was not with the MRO but with the Rstudio.

B.

• Marked as answer by B.Park Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:12 AM

All replies

• Can you please tell us what kind of hardware you are running on? Can you tell us what is reported under the Windows 'Control Panel' under 'System' properties?

Multi-core processing does vary based on what kind of hardware you are running on.

It will help pinpoint the issue, if you can tell us exactly what version of Windows 8.1 you are using(Enterprise, Home Edition, etc.)

Thanks!

Stephen Weller

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:35 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, Stephen.

I just figured out the issue by clean install Rstudio and MRO all together. I think the problem was not with the MRO but with the Rstudio.

B.

• Marked as answer by B.Park Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:12 AM