Service pack 3 has given my HP all-in-one problems RRS feed

• Question

• MY HP Office JET 3050 is having problems doing scans.  I reported my problem to HP support and after they had me unistall the software, they sent me a link to dowload the software again.  The software download stalled and never completed.  HP claims this is a problem with your service pack 3, which they claim they have

reported to Microsoft several times with no answer.

I need this printer.  Is there a solution?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Hope you can help.

Elaine Pelusio

Friday, January 14, 2011 4:31 AM

All replies

• Well HP makes a lot of claims about Microsoft when they just don't want to fix their problems. For exaple i called them for a faulty driver and they quickly started blaming Microsoft.

I told them is their poor driver and their said no is Microsoft. A few months later I discovered a better driver for that printer that works flawlessly. Called them back and to tell them and they said no our drivers are perfect.

Now I know never again will I ever buy HP, or approve HP products.

You can read bout my issue here. gameaddict.eu

Going back to your issue.

Try getting the USbscan.sys file from a service pack 2  machine, CD or kit and repalce the servicepack 3 file under your current setup.

The file is located in c:\windows\system32\drivers

And if this is going to work for you, then that is proof that they are lazy and they don't want to update their stuff to work with SP3. And is not Microsoft is them again. What I don't understand is Why Microsoft is not removing the digital signatures on their drivers.

Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual dot Com
    Friday, February 4, 2011 7:26 PM