Windows 7 freezing whenever a User Account Control window pops up. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

HP G62 Notebook PC

Pentium Dual-Core T4500 @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz

3.00GB RAM

My sister in law dropped my laptop and it failed to boot for 3 months. I tried booting it up today and it finally loaded windows, i logged in (although being extremely slow) and waited for all services and startup programs to load. Once done I started by downloading CCleaner to try and find registry problems but was unable to run the installed due to the User Account Control window popping up, freezing the entire computer (unless Ctrl + Alt + Del was pressed), and then it dissapeared and the installer never ran. I tried changing the settings in the action center to never notify me and yet again the window popped up and froze the computer and no settings could be changed.

Does anyone have any idea what this problem is or how it can be fixed? I'm going to try changing the settings in safe mode, hopefully it will help.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:11 AM

Answers

• such UAC issues are mostly graphic driver issues. Boot to safe mode and change the UAC setting to disable the UAC. Reboot and install the latest driver. Now enable the UAC again and check if it is fixed.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, February 18, 2011 9:03 AM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:53 PM