none
IE 11 get compatibility list from Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• In IE 11 under 'Settings' --> 'Compatibility View Settings' I have checked the Setting 'Use Microsoft Compability lists'

How can I check if I actually receive the list? The File iecompatdata.xml was last modified at 06.08.2014 how is this updatet?

Our Proxy Content Filter is quite restrictive.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please know that the compatibility view List updates are available as Windows Update packages, exactly like Internet Explorer security updates. The list package is separate from the security updates, but the release of the list package update has the same schedule. Typically, the list is updated every two months. Our goal is to provide predictability by following a regular, known update release schedule. 

If you check the option "Use Microsoft compatibility list", it will be updated in schedule if you enable automatic updates.

The file iecompatdata.xml under \\%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml will contains the current version of compatibility view list.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:22 AM
  • Hi Kate,

Thanks for your answer.

We do not allow automatic patch download over windows update could you please send me the url to the KB Article?

Thanks

Thursday, September 18, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Hi Kate,

Thanks for your answer.

We do not allow automatic patch download over windows update could you please send me the url to the KB Article?

Thanks

Hi,

To turn on automatic updates:

Turn automatic updating on or off
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/turn-automatic-updating-on-off#turn-automatic-updating-on-off=windows-8

Kate Li

Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:32 AM
  • To turn on automatic updates:

Our company does not want to use automatic updates.

Does anybody know where to download the most recent compatibility list as a .msu file from the Microsoft site?

The most recent one that I could find is for IE 8 and from October 25 2011. http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=27804

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:29 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that the update is different between previous version of IE and IE11, if you check on the option "Use Microsoft compatibility list" under Compatibility settings, it will automatically sync the latest compatibility list from Microsoft.

Kate Li

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:52 AM
  • I'm not sure if this is current data, but the list is still available here:

https://iecvlist.microsoft.com/IE11/1375395130872/iecompatviewlist.xml

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by JackAB Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:57 AM