Option to create new Document Library is gone - SP2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new team site (one level down from top level), for our group. Was granted full admin permissions on site. Have no prior SP experience. Created a number of document libraries, but now when I go to 'Create' the only options are 'Data Connection Library' or 'Slide Library'. If I go down a level to a sub site, the Document Library option is available.

We are a small non profit and don't have the resources for an SP admin. Our sysadmin wears that hat, but doesn't have the time to work with it much. He has all rights to everything SP and he isn't able to see any more create options on this site than I am. Can on other sites.

We are using SP 2007 and MOSS 2007 on a local server. Have a copy of Designer. I'm a BI Analyst by trade and don't have any knowledge about web page creation, aspx, etc. Feeling my way through this project. Have googled forever and searched this forum for this issue, but haven't found an answer. Hoping the attached screen shot will help.

If I can provide any further info to help analyze the issue, I'm glad to - if I understand the request, of course. :-)

Thanks for any help.

Drew

Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Drew

By the look of it, your admin has created a reporting site or a template without the correct features activated. He may also not have given you the correct permissions.

If you can provide a screenshot of your site actions menu, and site settings page (if you can access it), should be able to see if you have permissions then.

Kind Regards

Riccardo

PS. Please remember to mark your question as answered if you got good advice.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:06 PM