none
Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know if it is possible to send a notification to a Sub- Contractor and the Prime responsible manager that would tell the Sub their task and ask for an update but also notify the Prime manager that they must make the update for the Sub.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the sub contractor created as a Project Online user? Does it have a valid licence? If not, he cannot make any updates on his tasks. 

Then it is not clear to me: in your question, you say that both Prime manager and sub contractor have to update the same task? Is it correct? Who updates what?

Finally, in Project Online, there is indeed a notification feature which allows team members receiving alerts on assignments, and project owners to configure alerts for their team members.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectserverpfeteamblog/2015/10/26/email-notifications-available-in-project-online/

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:40 AM
  • The Sub would not be a Project Online user and the Prime Manager would be responsible to make the update. But I would like both the Sub and the Prime Manager to get the notifications.

Thank you

Friday, April 28, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Hi,

The sub cannot receive notifications without having a valid account on the O365 Project Online domain. You might be able to manage this particular case by developing a custom workflow.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, April 28, 2017 5:48 PM