none
report on non working time of resources in PWA 2010 RRS feed

All replies

• If you are using Timesheets to track the vacation, then you can use the Timesheet Actuals report and just filter for the vacation Category. 

If you are NOT using timesheets for vacation tracking, and are using resource calendars, then you might want to look at this approach: https://azlav.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/identifying-resource-calendar-exceptions-with-project-professional/

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:12 PM
  • Let me be more clear, I am looking for the time resources scheduled for their vacation( In future) not actually taken, so we can allot tasks accordingly.

I found this thread and used code in Sample report Resource Capacity but its not working. 

Any suggestions?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0fd84c2-5d39-431a-a28d-985ce70f9d37/query-for-the-list-of-publich-holidays-from-the-project-server-2010-for-reporting?forum=project2010custprog

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:24 PM
  • How are your resources 'planning' the vacation?

Cheers,

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:27 PM
  • The admin is entering them as non working time in Pwa.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:35 PM
  • Is the admin entering the resources vacation in their timesheets using delegation or as exception in their calendars?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 23, 2015 5:55 AM
  • As exception in their calendar
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:08 PM
  • I would advice to query the capacity in the Reporting DB the [dbo.MSP_EpmResourceByDay]. The base capacity is the resource capacity based on its base calendar and the capacity contains the exceptions.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:18 PM
  • Just as a side note, Since you are already using the timesheets, I suggest you look into using Timesheets as a vacation tracking mechanism. This not only automatically creates these calendar exceptions, but also helps in reporting as you can now use the Timesheet Tables for reporting. 

Here is an article I wrote to explain this: http://www.prasannaadavi.com/2015/04/tip-make-use-of-timesheets-feature-for.html

Cheers,

Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:22 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna

Let me be more clear on this, to get your help.

What i am looking to do is enter non working times in PWA for resources(Planned Vacation) and Then I want to see Non-working times for all resources in an excel file.

Hope I am clear.

Monday, May 11, 2015 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

Below query gives me following Fields, How can I calculate the non working time or exception?

SELECT                (SELECT ResourceName from MSP_EpmResource_UserView where MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceUID = MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.ResourceUID) as [ResourceName],                MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.ResourceUID as [ResourceUID],                ISNULL(AssignmentTable.AllocatedCapacity,0) as [AllocatedCapacity],                MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.Capacity as [ResourceCapacity],                DATENAME(month, MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.TimeByDay) as [Month],                YEAR(MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.TimeByDay) as [Year],                (SELECT [RBS] from MSP_EpmResource_UserView where MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceUID = MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.ResourceUID) as [RBS]              FROM                dbo.MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView             LEFT OUTER JOIN                (                 SELECT                    MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView.ResourceUID,                     SUM(MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView.AssignmentCombinedWork) as [AllocatedCapacity],                    MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView.TimeByDay                 FROM                    dbo.MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView                 INNER JOIN                    MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView                       ON MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView.AssignmentUID = MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView.AssignmentUID                          AND MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView.ProjectUID = MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView.ProjectUID                          AND MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView.TaskUID = MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView.TaskUID                 WHERE                    MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView.TimeByDay BETWEEN                                                               CONVERT(DATETIME, DATEADD(month, - 2, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP), 102)                                                              AND CONVERT(DATETIME, DATEADD(month, 6, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP), 102)                 GROUP BY                    MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView.ResourceUID,                    MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView.TimeByDay                 ) AS AssignmentTable                    ON AssignmentTable.ResourceUID = MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.ResourceUID                       AND AssignmentTable.TimeByDay = MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.TimeByDay             WHERE               (MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.TimeByDay > CONVERT(DATETIME, DATEADD(month, - 2, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP), 102))               AND (MSP_EpmResourceByDay_UserView.TimeByDay < CONVERT(DATETIME, DATEADD(month, 6, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP), 102))          

Monday, May 11, 2015 7:40 PM