none
Edge - Yammer always asks for user credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Our customer utilize O365 sharepoint intranet and Yammer is in use. Yammer is integraded inside first page view, and it does not authorize automatically. Even if user inputs email and password, marks "Remember me", after closing Edge and re-open it again, you still need to re-enter your credentials.

I have no other place left than using this forum for this issue...

- I can´t use Feedback app of Windows 10 because of telemetry
    - Edge uservoice is for developers...

(or should I open a free ticket to Azure support team?)

Please remember to mark my post as an answer, if I really helped you out, or vote if usefull. Thank you!

Thursday, February 2, 2017 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You should not have code in an intranet site that links to a public access website (mapped by default to the internet) and opens in the same IE tab process... IE has security zones and restrictions on navigating from the intranet zone to one of lower integrity.

Using GPO you can map *.yammer.com and *.live.com to the IE Trusted sites list. so that yammer and the ms verification site are mapped to the Trusted site list.

(test by doing this first on a workstation)

or

Change the code for your links/hyperlinks in your sharepoint 0365 intranet to always open urls in a new window or tab using the https protocol.eg <a href=https://yammer.com target="_blank">yammer</a>

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:38 PM
  • Hi yannara,

As far as I know, changing the security zone where the website is assigned to Local Intranet (it's what you did) or changing security zone parameters.

In IE you have the option to allow automatic authentication settings > security > intranet > customize > user authentication.

SharePoint Keeps Asking for Password Everytime.

http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2012/04/sharepoint-keeps-asking-for-password.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 3, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Is it so, that Edge does honor IE Group Policy settings or some of them? Because Edge has quite a few GPO settings in its own Edge-node in GPMC.

Please remember to mark my post as an answer, if I really helped you out, or vote if usefull. Thank you!

Friday, February 3, 2017 1:20 PM
  • Hi, Edge and IE are separate browsers. In a domain environment with windows 10 or 7 you should also be using Enterprise Site Mode Lists for your intranet sites' back compatibility and for win10, controlling which web browser (IE or edge) is used to open a start or desktop link. Edge is ActiveX/Plugin free and is not some legacy internal web applications may not work in Edge or other modern web browsers.

Did you fix your customers' problem?

Rob^_^

Friday, February 3, 2017 11:17 PM
  • Since you wrote "IE has security zones and restrictions on navigating from the intranet zone to one of lower integrity. Using GPO you can map *.yammer.com and *.live.com to the IE Trusted sites list. so that yammer and the ms verification site are mapped to the Trusted site list."

... I understood, that Edge would honor GPO settings for IE. Because what you have discribed above, is IE/GPO stuff yes, and it´s under control already, but not with Edge.

So, basically the only way to handle this is to forward intranet side to IE with Enterprise Site Mode? Or set IE as default browser...?

Saturday, February 4, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

You should be using Enterprise Site Mode Lists already for Compatibility (scripting and layout) issues for INTRANET sites, like your sharepoint site.

from your question

"Yammer is integraded inside first page view, and it does not authorize automatically. "

You are trying to open a link in an intranet site that is to a domain mapped to the internet zone. IE has security restrictions to prevent public websites accessing your company's intranet assets and your users windows credentials.

Ask a programmer to Remove the links to external web sites from your intranet sharpoint site.

or

Change the coding for the links to yammer to use either a named target value or _blank to force the link to an internet site from an intranet site open in a new tab or window.

the general principle is that you should avoid linking to external websites (outside of your company's intranet ) from your intranet sites.

Rob^_^

Sunday, February 5, 2017 12:18 AM
  • We started to use IE instread of Edge, and it seems like a bug Sharepoint Online with Yammer:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/5f999e8b-dcc0-4571-91db-60679e102547/yammer-embed-feed-issue?forum=sharepointdevelopment&prof=required

If I enable Protected Mode on that Zone, it seems to work, but the problem still occures randomly.

Monday, February 20, 2017 10:58 AM
  • "Yammer is integraded inside first page view, and it does not authorize automatically. "

You are trying to open a link in an intranet site that is to a domain mapped to the internet zone. IE has security restrictions to prevent public websites accessing your company's intranet assets and your users windows credentials.

Ask a programmer to Remove the links to external web sites from your intranet sharpoint site.

Both sites, Sharepoint (Intranet, the main page) and Yammer are placed on the same Zone - trusted sites.

Monday, February 27, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Hi yannara,

I will send the feedback to by Poviding Feedback to Microsoft or via Feedback|Microsoft Connect. And thank you for your feedback of our product. I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Best regards,

Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Hi yannara,

I will send the feedback to by Poviding Feedback to Microsoft or via Feedback|Microsoft Connect. And thank you for your feedback of our product. I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Best regards,

Carl

Very nice, thank you very much. Be sure you understand, that both Yammer and Sharepoint Intrasite comes from the same Azure tenant. This customer enviroment has O365 in a full use.

Could you post in this thread if you decide to update something somewhere :)

With IE11 this works, after I enabled Protected Mode on Trusted Site Zone.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:01 PM