Processor has Code 37 RRS feed

• Question

• I have already tried the other Code 37 "solutions" mainly those mentioned in Artorius's"Code 37 - Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. Vista Home Edition"
    and have come up blank. None worked. I have an AMD Turion 64 X2 processor and it comes up with the message.
    {Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)}
    So my processor that was 2.2 GHz is now 798MHz and I'm very frustrated.
    If you need more information, let me know. I need some help.
    Thank you
    • Moved by Andy Song Monday, May 4, 2009 8:14 AM device driver issue (From:Windows Vista Deployment and Imaging)
    Monday, May 4, 2009 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

If everything worked before, a quick solution is to restore the system back to the previous status when the issue didn’t occur with System Restore. (Note: Performing a system restore may cause the loss of the current system settings; therefore, before doing this, please make sure that the system restore point is not too old and set a restore point for the current status.)

Please ensure that the CPU and other hardware are compatible with Windows Vista first.

Regarding the error message, please refer to the following document:

Code 37: Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771328.aspx

Please check if it works.

Meanwhile, please also try to upgrade your BIOS and update the motherboard (chipset) driver to see how it works.

Considering the issue is related to hardware, it is recommended that you contact your computer’s manufacture for technical support.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:51 AM