none
Visual Reports in MS Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I hope you can help. I am making a capacity plan based on a shared resource pool using a Assignment usage visual report in MS Project 2010.

When I try to select the level of usage data to include in the report I can only do years or quarters. If I attempt to go to months (which is the option I need) I get an error message:

"Your project is too large to support reporting at the level of data you have chosen"

Does anyone know if this is due to too many projects using the resource pool or too many features in the report template?

Thanks for your help in advance

Matthew

Friday, June 3, 2016 7:54 AM

Answers

• An update to the software to use project pro 2016 with project online to create a power BI report solved this issue. Project 2010 could not handle the amount of tasks in all the projects which we were attempting to report on
    • Marked as answer by Matt22365 Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:11 AM

All replies

• It's likely that either there are too many days in the project (what is the total duration?) or too many activities.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:43 AM
  • Matthew,

I'm not sure if this will help but have you tried paring down the number of fields in the template you are attempting to use. Each of the visual report templates has a ton of fields that are saved to the cube whether the user wants/needs them or not.

If it turns out that your pool file is simply too large for the Visual Report utility to handle, and I don't know if there is any published limits, a VBA macro WILL be able to export the data you need.

John

Friday, June 3, 2016 2:52 PM
  • An update to the software to use project pro 2016 with project online to create a power BI report solved this issue. Project 2010 could not handle the amount of tasks in all the projects which we were attempting to report on
    • Marked as answer by Matt22365 Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:11 AM