• My pc: AMD Black Edition Phenon II x4 965 3.46 ghz
    Asus M4A79T Deluxe MB [AM3]
    Corsair Dominator 1600MHz Triple Channel DDR3
    4 GB ram total
    XFX HD 4890 1gb x2 running in crossfire mode
    850w psu
    V8 cool master processor fan
    1TB hitachi HD

Bad freeze problem with windows7 64 os will freeze with in a few mins to several hours.  After many weeks of dealing with random freezes
    especially when i run a game like WoW or w/e. I had to do a hard reset and strangely she is fix for the day till i turn my pc off, I had finally
    found something that worked for me I had to disable my screen saver and wolla no more freezes. I think this is a issue with Microsoft and
    not hardware, but indeed a bug! Btw OS was a clean install straight to partition. So when is Microsoft going to fix this annoying bug? I
    shouldn't have to disable my screen saver in order for my pc to work normally. 
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:54 PM

Answers

• 1. What is the name of Screen Saver? Have you tried with other Screen Savers?
    2. What is the brand and model of your graphic card? 

In my opinion, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1. Perform a Clean Boot to identify if freezing is caused by program conficts.
    2. Contact the manufacturer and obtain the latest version of graphic driver.
    3. Run ShellExView or Process Explorer to monitor the system and detect the curlrupt.

1) Use the ShellExView utility.

a. Download ShellExView v1.41 

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

b. Right-click the "shexview.zip" file, select "Extract All", the Extraction Wizard will prompt.

c. Click Next, input "C:\ShellExView" (without the quotation marks) in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" textbox.

d. Click Next and click Finnish.

e. Open the "C:\ShellExView" folder and double-click the "shexview.exe" file. It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions.

f. Select all the non-Microsoft extensions in pink by press "Ctrl" in the keyboard.

g. Click the "Disable Selected Items" on the toolbar and click Yes.

h. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

2) Use the Process Explorer. Please refer to:

The Case of the Slooooow System

Best Regards
    Dale

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:13 AM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:42 AM