none
Change the Browser Page title when opening Analytic chart in new window RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to change to change the browser title from "Page 1" to the actual title of the chart when opening the Analytic chart in a new window?

Setting the page name in dashboard designer seems to work only when the whole dashboard is being rendered. However when the user click on an individual chart title to open in new window, it always seems to default to "Page 1" even though the page name is set to something else.

I looked into DynamicView.aspx page (which is the page when opening a chart in new window) and saw this piece of code hardcoding the title to Page 1

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="DynamicView.master" Title="Page 1" EnableViewState="false" %>

Any ways to make it dynamic to the actual chart name?

TIA

Monday, December 27, 2010 4:34 AM

Answers

• Hello Bala,

My apologizes.  I was doing all my testing on PerformancePoint 2010.  In PerformancePoint 2010, the titling carries down through each component you add to your dashboard.

I just tested in PPS 2007 and I am seeing the same results as you are.  The naming of the dashboard does not follow through to each component when you open them in a new window.

There is nothing you can do within PPS 2007 to change this behavior dynamically.

Thanks

Heidi

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by etrast75 Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This can be done within Dashboard Designer. 

Inside of your Dashboard, there is a Pages section above your Dashboard Content.  Replace 'Page 1' with the name of your Dashboard.  Save and deploy it to SharePoint.  When you view this Dashboard in SharePoint, you should notice if you drill down into a report, you will notice Dashboard - ReportName. 

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 27, 2010 7:54 PM
  • Thanks Heidi for the reply.

My issue is not with the name of the page when the whole dashboard is being displayed. I understand that can be changes using the dashboard designer. My issue is when the user clicks on one of the charts in the dashboard to open the chart in a new window (Click on the chart name). When a single chart is opened in a new window, the page title always is "Page 1" when we would like it to be the name of the chart.

Hope I make sense

Thanks

-Bala-

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 4:07 AM
  • Hello Bala,

Your steps do make sense.  I have went into Dashboard Designer and changed the name for my Whole Dashboard and when I now click on any of my charts within that Dashboard there names appear.

For example,

I changed my whole dashboard to HMTDashboard.  If I click on the chart name or select 'Open in new window' on my Analytical Chart called Clothing Performance, a new window opens up with HMTDashboard - Clothing Performance - Windows Internet Explorer across the browser title.

It looks as soon as add a Title for your Dashboard, the chart names will start to appear in your Browser Title.  If you keep your Dashboard title as Page 1....the chart titles are Page 1.

Does this help?

Heidi Tr - MSFT

• Marked as answer by etrast75 Friday, December 31, 2010 12:06 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by etrast75 Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:32 PM
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:13 PM
  • Heidi,

Thanks again for your reply.

I followed the eact steps you had mentioned but I still get browser title as Page 1 whenever I open a chart in a new window. Could this be related to the Service Pack? I am using PPS 2007 Sp2.

I will try to get some screenshots soon.

Friday, December 31, 2010 11:54 AM
  • Heidi,

Please find below 2 screenshots. One of the complete dashboard and the other when one of the charts is opened in new window

Hope this helps. I environment is win 7 64 bit with PPS 2007 Sp3

http://i.imgur.com/NqsUv.png  (Complete Dashboard)

http://i.imgur.com/eMQ3d.png (Single Chart in new window with page 1 as browser title)

Thanks

-Bala-

Friday, December 31, 2010 12:09 PM
  • Hello Bala,

My apologizes.  I was doing all my testing on PerformancePoint 2010.  In PerformancePoint 2010, the titling carries down through each component you add to your dashboard.

I just tested in PPS 2007 and I am seeing the same results as you are.  The naming of the dashboard does not follow through to each component when you open them in a new window.

There is nothing you can do within PPS 2007 to change this behavior dynamically.

Thanks

Heidi

• Marked as answer by etrast75 Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Thanks Heidi.. Appreciate you taking time and replying.
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:31 PM