SCCM Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have stuck in the SQL connection stage of the SCCM installation. I can easily connect to SQL db with IP address but can not connect with FQDN. my fqdn of the server resolves without any problem. Even I can telnet to SQL port with the FQDN. If somebody can help me on this, it will be a great help for me.

Thanks

Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Jason,

Finally I found the remedy. It was with SQL Aliases, Port number of the aliases for SQL instance was wrong. After putting the correct one I can pass the sql connect stage with fqdn. If I found any problem along the installation, I will seek your support. Thanks for the support.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Lorry Luo Friday, October 27, 2017 6:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sachi86 Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:41 AM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 3:43 AM

All replies

• > "I can easily connect to SQL db with IP address"

What exactly does this mean?

> "but can not connect with FQDN. my fqdn of the server resolves without any problem"

This cannot be true as there is no difference between using the FQDN and ip address of a system. Are you sure you are using the correct FQDN? Just because it resolves to the correct IP does not make it the correct FQDN.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:12 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's true. I can pass the SQL connection stage by just putting the IP address of the server, but it gives a failed status in the pre-install check as shown below. but when I put the correct FQDN I can not pass the SQL connection stage.

Thanks

Friday, October 27, 2017 2:22 AM
  • Hi Jason,

Finally I found the remedy. It was with SQL Aliases, Port number of the aliases for SQL instance was wrong. After putting the correct one I can pass the sql connect stage with fqdn. If I found any problem along the installation, I will seek your support. Thanks for the support.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Lorry Luo Friday, October 27, 2017 6:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sachi86 Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:41 AM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 3:43 AM
  • Hi,

There is a step-by-step install guide, you can refer to https://www.systemcenterdudes.com/step-by-step-sccm-2012-r2-installation-guide/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 6:11 AM