Customize mouseover "Delete" icon functionality? RRS feed

• Question

• In Outlook, when you mouseover an email, you get this little delete icon on the right side which lets you quickly delete the email.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/IlP8FSe.png

Is there a way to customize its functionality? I want it to move the email to another folder instead. I know there are other ways of doing this, such as Quick Steps in the ribbon or right click context menu, but the mouseover icon is quicker to use, which is my goal. 

Thank you!

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 9:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am afraid there is no built-in method for this. 

Given this situation, you may consider using the methods below for moving a message:

Method 1: Drag and Drop
    1. Select the item you want to move.
    2. Drag to the destination folder, and then release the mouse button.
    Note: If the folder you want to move or copy the message to does not appear because it is in a collapsed folder, hover the mouse pointer over the collapsed folder icon and the subfolders will appear. Repeat this as necessary until the folder you want appears.

Method 2: Use Shortcut keys
    1. Select the message you want to move.
    2. Press Ctrl + Shift + V.
    3. Choose the destination folder.

Method 3: Create a Quick Step (If you want to always move a message to a certain folder )
    1. Click Quick Steps > Create New.
    2. In the Choose an Action box, select Move to folder then choose a destination folder.
    3. Set a shortcut key for this quick step then click Save.

4. Now, when you want to move a message to the particular folder, just select the message and then click the Quick Step on the ribbon or press the shortcut key.

In addition, if you still would like to see a feature of customizing the mouseover icon, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:34 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if the above reply is helpful.

If you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 4, 2019 9:03 AM