eufi partition on MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using LT for deploying Windows desktop with MDT 2013. What I would like to do is to be able to customize the partition layout for any eufi capable system. I know how to create a diskpart script to do the job. If I am going to create a custom Task sequence for the eufi layout, how does MDT handle the situation if the system is not uefi capable\enabled?

Thanks

Monday, March 24, 2014 9:44 PM

Answers

• OK, I think I found my own solution. I actually don't need to run the diskpart script. All I have to do is to change the default partition size on ztidiskpark.wsf and that is it.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:32 AM
    Monday, March 31, 2014 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create an answer file to customize disk configuration.

DiskConfiguration

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff715671.aspx

The unattended file is applied to both BIOS-Based and UEFI-based computers. If you don’t want the configuration applied, you have to remove the file.

In addition, answer file should be placed to the right place.

Methods for Running Windows Setup

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749415(v=ws.10).aspx

Please notice “Implicit Answer File Search Order”.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:46 AM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply.

I did disable the default format and partition disk TS and created a custom one with diskpart script. The disk formatting went fine but it failed in the Inject Drivers TS. This is no problem if I use the default format and partition disk TS. Do you know any potential cause? Thanks

Failure (5456)): Unable to determine Destination Disk, Partition, and/or Drive. See BDD.log for more information.

Litetouch deployment failed, Returned Code = -2147467259 0x800004005

Failed to run the action: Inject Drivers.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:32 PM
  • OK, I think I found my own solution. I actually don't need to run the diskpart script. All I have to do is to change the default partition size on ztidiskpark.wsf and that is it.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Daniel JiSun Tuesday, April 1, 2014 1:32 AM
    Monday, March 31, 2014 3:35 PM