none
SharePoint Migration Tool: Errors or timeout for Server Processing the file:Not all the items in the package have been migrated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I've been having some trouble with migrating content from a Windows 2012 Server to a SharePoint Online environment using the SharePoint Migration tool.

I'm using the newest stable release (at this time) with version v2.1.101.0, I've ensured that I have enough space on the server for the cached files during the upload.

I originally tried to upload the content using the folder share option and then selecting the document library in the SharePoint site I created. This didn't seem to work so I instead used the CSV method. The first time I did this I uploaded around 7GB without any trouble.

I then created a separate CSV with two tasks on it for around 1GB and 2GB - this went through 3 rounds and failed. I tried one set of data again (1GB) and had the same issue. When looking at the failure report the error message was: Errors or timeout for Server Processing the file:Not all the items in the package have been migrated

I didn't know if this was an issue that anyone had come across before - I need to upload around 200GB in total to separate locations and sites so was hoping to use the CSV method to list these out - if I have to do one at a time though this is fine as long as it likes it!

Cheers 

Jake

Monday, August 20, 2018 2:38 PM

All replies

• I have the exact same issue, no much info in this forum about this problem though. 
    Monday, October 29, 2018 1:31 PM
  • any luck? 
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 3:10 PM
  • Not sure if this helps, but I just had a typo in my CSV which caused this error.  In the csv, I used '\' for both the source and destination, when '\' should be used in source and '/' should be used in destination.

Causes error (last '\' is wrong): 
    F:\ServerFolders\Company\Clients Folder\A,,,https://nobody.sharepoint.com,Documents,Clients Folder\A

Works:
    F:\ServerFolders\Company\Clients Folder\A,,,https://nobody.sharepoint.com,Documents,Clients Folder/A
    Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:02 PM
  • I'm getting the same errors on my SharePoint migration from a file server to SharePoint:

Errors or timeout for Server Processing the file:Not all the items in the package have been migrated

I've got 169 of these errors.

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:37 PM