none
Internet with USB Female to Male Ethernet RJ45 Connector Adapter

Question

• Hi,

I have a Desktop PC with Windows 8.1 Enterprise. 

Using USB 3G Dongle and following connector (USB Female to Male Ethernet RJ45 Connector Adapter)

May I access Internet?

Regards

GN Jha

Friday, February 14, 2014 2:02 AM

Answers

• Its depend your airtel dongle speed, but I will suggest if you plug in directly to USB port, because LAN port will be another barrier which also affecting your airtel dongle speed, it not good idea, because if your LAN port having some issue it will wasting your time to do TS.

I think this device very useful if you using it to connect a USB ADSL modem to a router with an RJ45 socket, not for the female USB. Yes, it can add more USB port option in your PC, but I prefer to use other USB port extension with many usb port rather than this device

But that's my point of view, its still depend on you

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:33 AM

All replies

• yes, update your chipset and your LAN card graphic driver as well 

• Edited by britishdhez Friday, February 14, 2014 4:55 AM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 4:54 AM
  • Thank u for replying.

You suggested me to update chip-set and LAN card graphics driver.

When should I do it, before using this connector or after using this connector?

Every 3G Dongle has own application to run the dongle. For example, if I use airtel dongle, I have to run the airtel application installed after connecting 3G dongle.

If I use USB 3G Dongle with this connector, will that application run?  Also using this connector will affect internet speed or not?

Regards

GN Jha

• Edited by UGN2011 Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:06 AM edit
    Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:04 AM
  • Just go to your PC manufactured, Chipset or MB manufactured site to find the update, mostly is under "support" and "driver download"

if you using application, most of that application has driver on it, it supposed to be work if LAN and or chipset driver updated. And this device in plug in play, normally windows will detect the driver automatically

You should update first before install that application

• Edited by britishdhez Monday, February 17, 2014 5:06 AM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 5:05 AM
  • yes, you can use internet.

Regards, Damodar

Monday, February 17, 2014 5:08 AM
  • Thanks..bt what about speed..in comparison of using it directly with USB port? 
    • Edited by UGN2011 Monday, February 17, 2014 3:46 PM Edit
    Monday, February 17, 2014 3:43 PM
  • Thanks..bt what about speed..in comparison of using it directly with USB port? 
    • Edited by UGN2011 Monday, February 17, 2014 3:46 PM Edit
    Monday, February 17, 2014 3:43 PM
  • Its depend your airtel dongle speed, but I will suggest if you plug in directly to USB port, because LAN port will be another barrier which also affecting your airtel dongle speed, it not good idea, because if your LAN port having some issue it will wasting your time to do TS.

I think this device very useful if you using it to connect a USB ADSL modem to a router with an RJ45 socket, not for the female USB. Yes, it can add more USB port option in your PC, but I prefer to use other USB port extension with many usb port rather than this device

But that's my point of view, its still depend on you

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

Did it worked for your USB dongle ?

I am also thinking to use for the same cause.

Thanks

Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:37 PM
  • Hi,

The USB port on Routers is mostly for using printers or external storage devices.

As the router will not have the Driver to detect connected USB modem, it cannot be used for such use.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:52 PM
  • my laptop doesnt have an ethernet port so can i use this adapter with a male to male usb cable to establish a wired connection with my router?

Thursday, January 4, 2018 4:34 PM